- Leonardo Da Vinci is credited with writing the first resume.
- The word 'boss' is Dutch, meaning 'a master'
- Fridays are the least likely sick day. People are much happier and more likely to fulfil their duties on a Friday
- Around the world, workweeks can range from under 40 hours to close to 50 hours. Denmark's full-time employees work an average of 37.2 hours per week. the lowest among the most affluent OECD countries.
- Dave Ulrich is known as the father of Modern HR
- 10th October is observed as World Mental Health Day with an objective to raise awareness of mental health issues and to mobilize efforts in support of mental health.
- All India Trade Union Congress (AITUC), the oldest Trade Union federation in India was set up as early as 1920
- Japan has funny ritual at called a ‘pachi pachi meeting’ (clap clap meeting if translated literally) every time a newcomer joins, or someone leaves the department. The person says something, and everyone rhythmically claps at the end.
- The most unique work custom of Netherlands is the 4-day working week.
- in Brazil, during Big games like the FIFA world Cup, every Brazil match day is a half-day or a holiday!
No Comments yet..