Did You Know?
- Many people believe that the first Human Resources Department was established by The National Cash Register Company in 1901 following several strikes and employee lockouts.
- According to a survey of Human Resources Managers, Tuesday is the most productive day of the week for getting things done at work.
- Studies show that Navy Blue is the best color for a suit to wear to a job interview, because it inspires confidence.
- Over 250,000 workers of 65 textile mills went on strike in Mumbai in 1982 protesting for bonus and increase in wages. The strike is remembered as “The Great Bombay textile strike of 1982”.
- Globally, an estimated 264 million people are affected by Depression. More Women are affected than Men.
- As per Portugal's new law on working from home, Companies can't attempt to contact their staff outside working hours and they must help staff pay for their home gas, electric and internet bills.
- In 1921, Thomas Edison created a written test to evaluate the knowledge of the candidates. Thus, the first job interview was born.
- The word “salary” meaning compensation or payment comes from the Anglo-French salarie and the Old French salaire, meaning “wages, pay, reward”and from the Latin salarium, meaning “salary, stipend, pension”
- As per a latest survey by emotional wellness organisation YourDOST, National HRD Network and Great Place to Work India, 08 in 10 HR leaders report rise in their workload due to pandemic.
- When Netflix executives wrote a PowerPoint deck about the organization’s talent management strategies, the document went viral—it’s been viewed more than 5 million times on the web. How Netflix Reinvented HR.
Did you find this story helpful?
No Comments yet..